Make a walk across one of the oldest and largest cemeteries in Europe
- time of start can be booked individually
- duration: about 2 hours
- only bookable for groups
- private tour for up to 5 people: EUR 225,- per group
- private tour for up to 10 people: EUR 250,- per group
- private tour for up to 20 people: EUR 300,- per group
- hear the biographies of famous personalities
- experience the morbid Viennese nature
- discover gems of the Art Nouveau era
Did you know that the tram line 71 was once used to transport corpses? That happened in the year 1918, during the days of the Spanish Flu. In those days every day so many people died that soon the horse drawn corpse transports became insufficient. So at night the coffins were piled in the trolley car that was already electrified.
Also did you know that the Central Cemetery is home to many domestic animal species? Up until the 1980ies the Central Cemetery was a official hunting area and the forest stand was regulated by forest rangers.
Join me on a walk across the Central Cemetery and admire gems of Art Nouveau architecture. And hear many interesting details of the biographies of some famous personalities that found their last resting place on the Central Cemetery of Vienna.